– DISCUSSION VIDEO LINK AND STUDY GUIDE
📺 WATCH THE DISCUSSION VIDEO VIA THE LINK BELOW👇
Date: Nov 27, 2022
Sub-Theme: The eternal reign with God-3
Topic: Act of discipleship
Text: Matt 28:18-20
i. to introduce the biblical concept of discipleship,
ii. to discuss the conditions for faithful discipleship and
iii. to point out the consequences for lack of discipleship.
We thank God for another Advent Sunday which is the beginning of the Christian calendar. The Advent season is always a period for sober reflection on the second coming of Christ to judge the world and to reign eternally as the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Unlike other ruling in this world, “In His days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace; so long as the moon endureth”. Psalm 72:7 KJV Therefore, as we continue to prepare to meet and reign with God, it is most essential that we add to heaven’s population through the act of discipleship. The greatest commission by our Lord Jesus Christ to all believers is to go out and make more of His disciples. How then do we disciple others and populate God’s kingdom?
1. Define discipleship in the context of Matt 28:19-20; Acts 2:41.
2. In the context of Luk 19:1-10; Acts 9:26-27 how can we disciple sinners in our locality? Mention the consequences of failure in discipleship in these texts: Matt 10:33;Mk 8:38; 2Ti 2:12.
3. What are the conditions for faithful discipleship according to Mt 16:24; Lu 14:26; Joh 8:31.
4. What is the eternal reward for faithful disciples of Christ? Matt 10:32; Luk 15:10; Re 14:3-5
The statement by Jesus that: “whoever denies me on earth I will deny him in heaven” simply means: whoever fails to propagate the gospel for soul-winning into God’s kingdom will be denied eternal reign with God. Therefore, it is time for us to wake up to discipleship.
Food for Thought
There is joy in heaven for any redeemed sinner.
Luk 15:10 “Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth”.
Remember to share with others_
TO PARTNER/SUPPORT ACNNTV IN REACHING OUT TO THE WORLD WITH THE UNDILUTED WORD OF GOD, MAKE YOUR DONATIONS INTO:
Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion ACNN ACCOUNT
Thank you as you join the Kingdom Partners today…..