(Presentation ofChrist in the Temple)
🎯TOPIC: AN OBEDIENT FAMILY
📺 WATCH THE DEVOTION VIA THE LINK BELOW 👇
✝️TEXT: Luke 2:22-35(AMP)
22. And when the time for their purification [the mother’s purification and the Baby’s dedication] came according to the Law of Moses, they brought Him up to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord–[Lev. 12:1-4.]
23. As it is written in the Law of the Lord, Every [firstborn] male that opens the womb shall be set apart and dedicated and called holy to the Lord–[Exod. 13:1, 2, 12; Num. 8:17.]
24. And [they came also] to offer a sacrifice according to what is said in the Law of the Lord: a pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons. [Lev. 12:6-8.]
25. Now there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout [cautiously and carefully observing the divine Law], and looking for the Consolation of Israel; and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
26. And it had been divinely revealed (communicated) to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
27. And prompted by the [Holy] Spirit, he came into the temple [enclosure]; and when the parents brought in the little child Jesus to do for Him what was customary according to the Law,
28. [Simeon] took Him up in his arms and praised and thanked God and said,
29. And now, Lord, You are releasing Your servant to depart (leave this world) in peace, according to Your word.
30. For with my [own] eyes I have seen Your Salvation, [Isa. 52:10.]
31. Which You have ordained and prepared before (in the presence of) all peoples,
32. A Light for revelation to the Gentiles [to disclose what was before unknown] and [to bring] praise and honor and glory to Your people Israel. [Isa. 42:6; 49:6.]
33. And His [legal] father and [His] mother were marveling at what was said about Him.
34. And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary His mother, Behold, this Child is appointed and destined for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against–[Isa. 8:14, 15.]
35. And a sword will pierce through your own soul also–that the secret thoughts and purposes of many hearts may be brought out and disclosed.
✝️🗒️STUDY: The family Jesus was born into obeyed the commandments of God as given through Moses. According to verse 22 of our reading, Jesus was brought by His earthly parents to present Him in the Temple after Mary’s days of purification for a male baby were over (Lev, 12:1-4). They offered a sacrifice as much as they could afford as required by law (v.24;Lev.12:6-8). When Jesus was presented in the Temple, He was celebrated by Simeon, a celebration that gave birth to the Nunc Dimitis, used by the church today.When children are raised in a godly family they out in the society. A biblical example is Timothy whose Christian background was traced to his grandmother – Lois – down to his mother – Eunice (2 Tim. 1:5). Another striking example is that of a Puritan Preacher in the 1700s – Jonathan Edward – whose godly family legacy produced a U. S. Vice-President, U. S. Senators, Governors, Mayors, Judges, Doctors, Professors, Military Officers, Lawyers, Clergymen and many College Graduates. What type of family do you have? Humbly ask God for a blueprint to follow. Today’s children will become tomorrow’s leaders and what you plant in them today will be exhibited to the world tomorrow!
✝️🙏 PRAYER: Dear Father, may my family be one that will always obey you. Amen.
TO PARTNER/SUPPORT ACNNTV IN REACHING OUT TO THE WORLD WITH THE UNDILUTED WORD OF GOD, MAKE YOUR DONATIONS VIA OUR WEBSITE 👇
Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion ACNN ACCOUNT
Thank you as you join the Kingdom Partners today….